If you are wondering whether or not you may be suffering from BPH (ie an enlarged prostate), but are not sure, then this article will give you some guidance.
Listen to this:
The first thing you should know is, if you do have any BPH symptoms or prostate problems at all, you should get checked out by a doctor. The reason for this is to rule out actual prostate cancer. That is one disease you do not want to mess around with.
But besides that, here are a few symptoms of BPH:
- You wake up more than once or twice each night to go pee
- You have a frequent urge to urinate all the time
- Your urine stream is weak – maybe even more of a trickle than an actual "stream"
- Your bladder does not feel emptied all the way when you're done peeing
- Your sex drive suddenly leaves, maybe pops up every now and then, but is mostly low
- Your erections are soft
- It hurts when you ejaculate (this can freak even the toughest of guys out)
- It takes you a while to even begin urinating (sometimes having to stand there for minutes before anything trickles out)
- It kind of burns when you urinate, even to the point of being painful
- You see blood in your urine or semen
Again, these symptoms could be prostate cancer. So do not wait around to see if they get worse. But if you are wondering about if you might have BPH, the above symptoms are a pretty good indication that you do.